Cell phones and Work/Business Relationship
People nowadays have become increasingly busy with work that they spent more of their time in a day doing their job than being with their family. Most of them didn’t even have the time to go home and see their family anymore. This fact is unavoidable, especially today when all the prices of our basic needs have gone off the roof and families need to keep up to have food to feed for their family, provide quality education for their children, and secure the happiness and future of their loved ones.
However, sometimes, it just takes the toll of them, and they need to relax and unwind without having to worry about work or without work bothering them on their rest days. They sometimes need to escape from that busy and hectic world and be enveloped in tranquility. Wouldn’t it be fun to have some time to make it up and bond with your family after a long time of not seeing them?
And what could be worse than having your phone ringing with calls and pinging with texts about work interrupting your much-needed rest?
Effects of Business Calls in Personal Lives
Cell phones have helped us in a lot of ways; it’s the truth. It helps us communicate easily and helped us more in other ways especially with the high technology of today. But sometimes, it can also be annoying. It has been known that cell phones also tend to cause rifts and disagreements in relationships and consume all of your focus. It’s no wonder when your wife, children, relatives, or friends get frustrated on you when you are always taking calls and answering texts about your work or business whenever you’re having a good time with them. It just makes all the fun away.
Wouldn’t it be so kind as to turn off your cell phone and enjoy the day?
Why should you use two phones?
That is the reason why most people, especially those who do business, tend to carry around two cell phones with them. One is their standard cell phone intended for personal use wherein only family and friends know the number, and the other one is for business use where all business calls and texts take place. People can keep their personal and business lives separate. They can also rest without being bothered and so much more. There will be no more disappointments around the home.
Benefits of Using Two Phones in Business
For some people, it has become their ‘life-saver’. So, what are the benefits of using two mobile phones?
1. Having two phones gives you control of your life. With two cell phones, you can control and balance your work, play, and family life. As said before, work-related issues can seep into family life, bringing frustration, disconnection, and disappointment to your family. It is much better to think that you can easily turn off your business phone and enjoy bonding with your kids than getting frustrated yourself and ruining your mood, and eventually your entire day, after knowing some bad news happened once you’re not at work. You can always worry about it if you’re at your workplace but not while at home. If you have a 9-5 job, it’s best to turn off your phone and tell your colleagues that you will be unreachable regarding business matters after you’ve gone home. Sure, you can have two
2. You can have security when you own a different cell phone for business. With these, your data and business data will not get mixed up and tangled, especially when some cases come when you have to surrender your phone or get it investigated. You won’t have to worry about anyone knowing your personal and family information and invade your privacy. You wouldn’t want to have your kid’s photos deleted along with your photos, right? Also, many people prefer to decrease distractions by keeping their cell phones away from their job.
3. It is also considered unprofessional, especially for business people who can easily give their number to potential clients, to have to use their number for their business. It will be more professional to answer your client’s call respectfully instead of haphazardly answering your call, assuming it’s just one of our friends calling.
4. Businesses also upgrade so will your phone. Your business phone should be able to keep up with the demanding pace of businesses to reach your clientele more effectively. You will most likely need to upgrade your business phone to a new one because of this.
5. Another perk of having two phones is that you can use the extra phone in case the other one runs out of battery. It is beneficial especially if you’re out and about and have to make important calls and no way to charge your phone.